I’ve been meaning to do one of these posts for forever… but my bookshelves look NOTHING like everyone else’s. I have utter bookshelf envy of some of my awesome book blogger’s shelves. I mean just look at Grace Latter’s bookshelves. That is SOME shelf envy. I should organise mine by colour… but I know I am getting a few books for Christmas! So maybe after Christmas I’ll give you an ‘after’ post!
So anyway… here’s my shelves!
As you can see I have quite a mix of books there! I’m one of these people who hoardes books… but I am quite brutal at times. I will keep copies of books which mean something to me or which I really enjoyed! I don’t give books away easily, some people do… not me. This isn’t all of my books either! There’s a whole other 2 piles behind those two front piles… but hey ho! I couldn’t get a shot of everything. Also, apologies for my camera skills. I am working on them!
Some YA highlights for you among those shelves?
- Melinda Salisbury – The Sin Eater’s Daughter, The Sleeping Prince (Dark, twisted, wonderful, majesticness. #queenmel)
- Rainbow Rowell – Carry On (The queen. If you don’t have Eleanor and Park, please get yourself on that now).
- Holly Bourne – …And A Happy New Year (on my TBR pile still, I bought it at YAShot and am just growing in excitement to read it!), What’s A Girl Gotta Do?, How Hard Can Love Be?
- Alwyn Hamilton – Rebel of the Sands (Absolutely loved this, work of pure amazingness)
- David Levithan – The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily (which is still on my TBR too, but I LOVE David Levithan so much. He is the master of multi person perspective books)
- Non Pratt – Unboxed (I won this and it is incredible. I loved it)
- Laure Eve – The Graces (YES. Magic. Thanks).
- Louise Gornall – Under Rose Tainted Skies (Read this, go on, you won’t regret it!)
Some MG highlights I hear you ask for?
- Abi Elphinstone – The Shadow Keeper, The Dream Snatcher is also there! It’s just hidden. (Amazing, incredible!)
- Roald Dahl – Matilda (well, just because, obviously. Everyone should have this on their shelves… I actually own 5 copies!)
- Matt Haig – A Boy Called Christmas, The Girl Who Saved Christmas is also there, but hidden. (These are on my TBR pile too, but I can’t wait to read them to the kids!)
- David Walliams – Awful Auntie (I have the whole Walliams collection, but Awful Auntie is the only one of them on my shelf because I’ve loaned a lot of them out to kids a school!)
- Justin Fisher – Ned’s Circus of Marvels (I had a skim read of this and it was magical… this is one I really can’t wait to sink my teeth into!)
- James Nichol – The Apprentice Witch (I was lucky enough to meet James at UKYACX and I had to get this immediately!)
(There’s a whole chunk of amazing MG books you can’t see here because they’re hidden but in my UKYACX post you can see all the amazing books that I bought there!)
Other highlights – what DO you call fiction for “adults”? Just fiction? Someone tell me!
- Mitch Albom – The Five People You Meet In Heaven, The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, For One More Day, The Time Keeper, Tuesdays with Morrie is there too (Mitch Albom is one author who ALWAYS makes me cry. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS BOOKS!)
- Matt Haig – Reasons to Stay Alive (I haven’t read this yet but I have heard INCREDIBLE things about it! Definitely on my TBR!)
- M.R.Carey – The Girl With All The Gifts, Fellside – currently in the hands of a trusted friend! (Incredible author, loved both of these books! Go and buy them!)
Show me your amazing shelves! It might give me the kick I need to colour coordinate, or coordinate some how my shelves!! Are you a book give away-er? Or are you a keeper like me?