It’s ThursTAG again! That means a whole new chance for you to learn about me, ha! Today, I am posting a tag I found a few months ago. I don’t remember whose blog I found it on, but I did remember to copy to rules as well as the questions ha! No one tagged me so I have no one to thank and I don’t think I’ll be tagging anyone, but feel free to do this if you should wish to!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
Keep reading if you want to know more about me!
1. Why did you start blogging? Why have you kept blogging?
Why did I start? I started blogging because I was blogging for school and I was familiar with WordPress and thought ‘well, I’d love a space to talk about books and teaching‘ so I decided to start. Initially, I didn’t think it would go anywhere, but here we are more than 1000 posts later and I’m still here.
Why am I still here? I’m still here because blogging has become a really important part of my life. Books have always been part of my life. They’re a big part of my identity (as lame as that sounds) and blogging has become pretty important to my identity too. I’ve got to do so many amazing things because of this blog of mine. I’ve had the chance to meet so many incredible people because of this platform. I’ve been able to talk about things that matter to me (from the silly like pockets, to the important like things in teaching) and that matters to me. I’m still here because this has become part of my way of looking after myself. Writing blog posts has become part of my weekly routine. It kept me sane through lockdown; it’s been somewhere for me to talk about things that I don’t always have the words to say. My fingers have always been much better at saying what my mouth doesn’t have the words for.
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Ooooh. Y’know what? All of my blog posts bring out a different side of me. Each of them brings me joy in so many different ways. I love it all. I think when I don’t love it, I just don’t do it.
I do love the creativity of making mood boards for books though… I don’t do them often, but they’re fun and always take me quite a while because I want them to be PERFECT.
3. What are your top three favorite blog posts?
I reckon my Desert Island Books series definitely have to go up there in my top 3. A whole load of people got involved in that last year and I hosted authors, bloggers, friends and teachers alike. They were a whole host of fun to do! (Desert Island Books: Melinda Salisbury/#DesertIslandBooks: This time it’s personal)
My Letters to series is an ongoing series that I write and they’re a lovely mix of serious and silly (A letter to clothes manufacturers/A letter to the one that got away). These don’t happen regularly, but I find them HELLA cathartic.
My happy posts are also pretty important to me. It was an idea I stole from my lovely friend Grace who shared things that made her happy. I thought it was such a simple idea and I decided to use it… I post them every month or so and they’re a great oportunity to be grateful and happy! (What’s keeping you going?/Half term happy post)
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
For me, there’s nothing better than sitting in a cafe with a book and just spending a couple of hours reading. Whether there’s people with me (on a reading date) or I’m by myself, that’s the thing I do most to unwind. I love a good browse of a bookshop (Waterstones Newcastle, I miss you a lot) too. Trips to the seaside are HIGH on my list of things I do when I need some space/time to myself. You can’t get better than a walk along the coast to just unwind and centre yourself (I can NOT wait to be able to do this again!). During lockdown, I watched a LOT of Bones because my brain was NOT in the mood to read a lot of the time!
5. What are three of your favorite things?
- Books – kids and YA in particular
- Iced coffee – get me to Starbucks
- The seaside
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
Oooh! This is a lovely question.
- Any time I’ve been asked to chair an event: I’ve chaired a few events at Waterstones Newcastle now and EVERY SINGLE TIME I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I’ve got to chair events with some of my favourite authors and I don’t quite believe each time that it’s happening.
- Reaching 1000 posts: That’s a LOT of posts. I wrote them.
- Winning Best Newcomer at UKYABA a few years ago: That was a PRETTY surreal moment as a blogger. I forget that it’s a thing that happened and when I remember, it always blows my mind a little bit.
- Being mentioned in acknowledgements of books/having quotes in books: this is still something that BLOWS MY MIND totally. That anyone cares about my opinion enough to have these two things be a reality just astounds me.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I love that these questions consider me interesting enough to have hobbies! Besides reading, working and blogging, there’s not a lot else to me. I love spending time with my family and friends. Eating breakfasts is a wonderful Sunday morning hobby of mine that I have missed A LOT. I’ve recently taken up running… but I don’t know that I consider it a hobby yet ha!
8. Describe your personality in three words.
Oh god this is hard:
Loyal, passionate, empathetic.
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
- Terrible use of grammar and punctuation
- Rudeness/being inconsiderate
- Lateness – GOD THIS IS MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE OF ALL OF THE PET PEEVES.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I’ve always wanted to play Nancy from Oliver on stage. I can’t sing particularly well, nor am I a very good actress… but that’s one of my secret ambitions.
And that’s it!
Did you learn anything new about me?
Do you have any questions for me?