Morning! Tis that time of day again, it’s #DesertIslandBooks time!
Today’s featured victim is another Amy! This time it’s the turn of Amy from @GoldenBooksGirl. Check out her choices below!
I’m so pleased to be here today to take part in Steph’s Desert Island Books feature! I’m a total wuss and being trapped on a desert island is one of my biggest fears, so this is a very difficult question to answer. In my head, I’m treating as a very stressful, long holiday (I’m rubbish at keeping track of time without clocks as well, so if I ever was *gulp* trapped on one, I honestly would think I’d only been there a week or so when I got rescued). On with the post!
1. Geek Girl by Holly Smale- This is my ultimate comfort read. I can’t count the amount of times it’s made me happy in the darkest of situations. Harriet is the most inspiring book character ever. This would be first in my suitcase, for sure. I’m crying just writing about this book, to be totally honest with you.
2. Lobsters by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison – This is another one that always makes me
laugh, so it would be in my suitcase for that purpose. I will never tire of the opening scene especially! Totally haven’t thought about doing that with my revision books, honest I haven’t…
3. Boy in the Tower by Polly Ho-Yen – This is one of the best books I’ve ever read,
without a doubt. I read it one sitting the first time I read, just like I have in every subsequent reread of it. Ade’s story, and the world-building, and the relationships between the characters are just sublime, and I dare you not to fall in love with this.
4. Arsenic for Tea by Robin Stevens – I’m a massive fan of mysteries and these books
are my absolute favourites. Arsenic for Tea, although I’m not quite sure why, is my favourite of them all, so I’d have to bring it along.
5. The One Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith- As you’ll know if you read my post about children’s classics (although it was the 2nd post I ever wrote so I very much doubt you have!), this, along with Charlotte’s Web, my very favourite. I’d imagine I’d get a bit upset at some point during my *week* (wink wink, actually longer), so that would immediately rule out Charlotte’s Web as I was an emotional wreck reading it normally! The One Hundred and One Dalmatians, on the other hand, is so joyful it made me grin like a lunatic when I read it, so I’d hope it’d do the same on the island.
6. Am I Normal Yet? By Holly Bourne- This was one of the first YA books I ever really
read, and it`s what really kickstarted me into reading new books again. It’s also changed my life by making me call myself a feminist. I`d be going nowhere without it.
If you speak with me on Twitter, ever, about music you’ll probably be able to guess some of these already as I’ll basically talk about them at any given opportunity. A few others you may not though, so let`s dive in.
1. Not a One – Into the Ark cover
2. Drawing Board– George Ezra
3. Blame it on Me – George Ezra
4. Better than Never at All– Into the Ark
5. Something Just Like this – Coldplay
6. Pretty Shining People– George Ezra
7. My Heart Goes– Into the Ark
8. Money or the Girl– Into the Ark
9. Sparrow– Tom Odell
10. Another Love– Tom Odell
11. Let Me Love the Lonely– James Arthur
12. I Am – James Arthur
13. Counting Stars– George Ezra cover
14. Brightest Creatures– Into the Ark
15. Uptown Funk– Into the Ark cover
I was torn between chocolate and ice cream, but I like more types of chocolate than I do ice cream, so it would be my snack of choice. I don’t drink coffee or tea, so my drink of choice on the island would be flavoured water.
DESERT POLICE CHOICES
Book- Geek Girl
Song- Money or the Girl
Thank you so much for reading! Seeing as it’s my snack of choice, I’d love to hear your
recommendations of favourite types of chocolate I can eat on the island in the comments or on Twitter! Feel free to let me know which of the books I’ve picked you’ve read too. Or, if you go and listen to my song choices, tell me what you think of those!
Thank you lovely Amy for the amazing guest post! There’s some brilliant songs on that list! I love the sheer amount of MG books on your list! I know mine definitely has an awful lot of MG on it too!