Today’s castaway on the island of doom is my lovely friend Aimee! If you’d like to follow her, you’ll find her @aimee_louise_l.
A quick reminder of the rules!
Thanks Steph for choosing me to be one of your castaways on a desert island. Anything to get me out of work and give me a break is welcomed with open arms.
Now as much as I love a good book series and trilogies, for the sake of my trip I’m going to choose standalone books because no one wants to be left on a clifhanger. It would drive me insane…
The six books that I would pack are:
* Sealed with a Kiss by Rachael Lucas
* The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood-Hargrave
* Winter Magic curated by Abi Elphinstone
* The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern
* A Million Lovely Letters by Jodi Ann Bickley
* His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman (it totally counts as one book!!)
Coffee or tea? No thank you. An unlimited supply of hot chocolate please.
Also does pasta count as a snack? Because if not then I’ll settle for all of the original Pringles.
You’re making me create a playlist?!? Do you have any idea just how tough this is?? This is ridiculously difficult. There are soooooo many songs that I love. So so so many. Yet I think I would settle for this playlist because it’s not forever, right?
* Wonders by The Script
* Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
* Castles by Scouting For Girls
* Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
* Not That Girl from the Wicked soundtrack
* Firestarter by The Prodigy
* Save Tonight by Eagle-Eye Cherry
* Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls
* Too Much To Ask by Niall Horan
* Learn To Fly by The Foo Fighters
* Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers
* Handbags and Gladrags by Stereophonics
* Happy Hour by The Housemartins
* Message In A Bottle by The Police
* Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Noooooooooooooooo. Not The Desert Police *cries* How can I possibly choose just ONE song & ONE book?!?
Well if I had to rescue any song, it’d be Wonders by The Script to remind me to live life to the fullest through exploring, taking risks and doing things I love. Bookwise I’d save The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern just because it has magic & risks. Thanks for helping me out with fire prep too 😉
I think I’ll stay here awhile, enjoy the peace & then plan my escape to see more of the world.
Thank you so much Aimee for being castaway, I hope your enjoy the peace on the island! It certainly sounds like you’re ready for a break! There are some incredible books and songs in your list!