Hello hello hello!
I saw this tag over on Charlotte’s blog (and I’m sure I did it last year too!) and thought ‘yeah, we’re now in June, that’s the middle of the year, I guess we can do this tag now!’. So here we go… my Mid-Year Freak Out Tag.
The Best Book You’ve Read This Year.
LOL KAY. I’m going to go like top 3 MG and top 3 YA books I’ve read this year because one is TOO HARD. Sue me.
– No Big Deal by Bethany Rutter (YA)
– The Art of Being Normal by Lisa WIlliamson
– Song of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury (YA)
– Rumblestar by Abi Elphinstone (MG)
– The Girl Who Speaks Bear by Sophie Anderson (MG)
– Jemima Small versus the Universe by Tamsin Winter (MG)
The Best Sequel You’ve Read This Year
Again, so many. I’ve read quite a few sequels this year. My faves would have to be:
– Song of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury (duh)
– The Fandom Rising by Anna Day
– A Girl Called Shameless by Laura Steven
– Against all Gods by Maz Evans (man, I’m still so sad this series is over)
New Releases You Haven’t Read Yet But Want To.
LOL. I have SO MANY books that I want to read. However probably the biggest name on my list at the minute is On The Come Up by Angie Thomas (shut up, I know).
Most Anticipated Releases for the Second Half of the Year.
Most of my anticipated books were out in the beginning of the year but some of them are still to come, like:
– Return to Wonderland by various MG authors
– No Big Deal by Bethany Rutter (I’ve read it, it’s exceptional, I can’t wait for the rest of the world to catch up)
– A Pocketful of Stars by Aisha Bushby (again, I’ve read it, it’s amazing, it’s going to go down a STORM)
I hate questions like this, but I do have an answer. I think (like Charlotte) Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus was a let down. After the amazingness of One of Us is Lying, it needed to be brilliant.
And Then I Turned into a Mermaid by Laura Steven. Laura writes incredible YA books, so I was THRILLED to hear there would be MG books and it is just wonderful. It’s hilarious, it’s fun and it’s going down a storm at school.
Favourite New to You or Debut Author
Favourite debuts? Kesia Lupo and Aisha Bushby (her debut novel comes out later this year!)
Favourite new to me? Laura Bates (The Burning is EXCEPTIONAL)
Newest Fictional Crush
Luvian Fen. Forever. Next.
Newest Favourite Character
Jemima Small from Jemima Small versus the Universe by Tamsin Winter. That book is important and it’s wonderful. I will fight for it til the day I die.
Book That Made You Cry
LOL ALL OF THEM. But recently The Art of Being Normal and They Both Die at the End just RUINED me.
Book That Made You Happy
SO MANY OF THE BOOKS. I cry with all of the emotions to be honest. Some faves from this year so far:
– Song of Sorrow by Queen Mel (that ending is EVERYTHING I wanted)
– The Boy Who Steals Houses by C.G.Drews
– Boot by Shane Hegarty (cutest thing ever)
– Ghost by Jason Reynolds (Coach is a character who deserves ALL of the praise)
– High Rise Mystery by Sharna Jackson (this was SUCH fun)
Favourite Book to Film Adaptation
I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I haven’t seen any this year so far? I’d like to see Aladdin though!
Favourite Post You Have Done This Year
This is a HARD question. I’ll be honest though, anything that’s personal and comes from my soul to you guys probably gets the trophy. Also, any time I’ve done a mood board also shows that it’s something special. I just love blogging and I will continue to do so for a very long time.
Most Beautiful Book You’ve Bought This Year
Do you mean by appearance or by story? Appearance probably Song of Sorrow (dem sprayed edges though) or Circe (that cover is just gorgeous and shiny). Story-wise… ALL OF THEM.
What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of the Year
There is only one answer to this question: Angie Thomas’ books.
But also… whatever I want? Ha!
What do you think?
Agree with my thoughts?
Do you fancy trying this? (It’s much harder than it looks… TRUST ME!)