Hello! Happy Sunday all!
How are we all today? What is going on in your Sunday life? Engaging in a little #SixforSunday I hope!
Today’s prompt for #SixforSunday is:
Authors that surprised you
Now, I’m not entirely sure what I meant with this, so it’s interesting to see what everyone else is saying… I’ll give a little explanation for each on
- Deirdre Sullivan – her books are dark and tough going, but so incredibly brilliant! Not what I was expecting at all!
- Leigh Bardugo – man, I love her books so much. I wasn’t expecting to love them as much (despite the fact ALL MY FRIENDS said I’d love them!)
- Stewart Foster – his books are brilliantly meaningful and not just to kids, but to adults too. I love his books a lot.
- Sylvia Bishop – I fell for her writing within the first sentence of The Bookshop Girl and they continue to be wonderful as they go on.
- Alex Bell – she can write YA and MG and do both incredibly brilliantly, now there’s a skill to surprise me!
- Alice Oseman – a bit like Leigh Bardugo, everyone told me I’d enjoy the books, but I didn’t expect to be quite so blown away by Alice’s books as I always am.
And there we go! 6 authors who surprised me. I can’t wait to see everyone else’s answers to see how they’ve interpreted the prompt!
Remember to share your post using the hashtag #SixforSunday and link up if you fancy it! Thanks for joining in and reading!
See you next week for: Books people always tell you to read!