Hello all! It’s that time of the week again. Time to send another willing victim to the island of booklessness. This week we have my gorgeous book fairy Sarah. She tweets over at @xpectopatronerd and you probably should be following her, because well she’s amazing. (I have to say I chuckled an awful lot when I received Sarah’s email. It did tickle me!)
Reminder of the rules:
You are allowed to take 6 books of your choosing. These can be any 6 you wish.
Well, firstly, can I just say how RIDICULOUS a rule six is, because it means I am unable to take all the Harry Potters. Who leaves one Harry Potter book out!? And how could I ever choose!!! On the other hand, I will grudgingly admit it’s an excellent way of making sure people don’t just bring the Harry Potters, and actually (pretend to) read something else once in a while. Luckily, I happen to genuinely love a handful of other books almost or as much (I think, maybe), so I would pack:
– Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (because hello, I didn’t say I wouldn’t bring any at all)
– I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
– Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
– Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
– The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan-Doyle (not cheating, it’s one book, HONEST)
– The Return of the King by J R R Tolkien
You are allowed to take a snack of your choosing, this will be provided in unlimited quantity.
I DON’T EVEN NEED TO THINK ABOUT THIS ONE PLEASE GIMME ALL THE BEEF HULA HOOPS.
You may choose from unlimited supplies of tea or coffee.
Obviously tea, I’m a Yorkshire lass not a heathen. Also, coffee makes me vomit.
You are entitled to carry with you ONE music playlist/album (not exceeding 15 songs).
This is the book question all over again. Do you know how many musicals there are? And how important it is to listen to the WHOLE SCORE of each? But FINE, DesertJet, I’ll concede. You better be giving me Sennheiser speakers.
– Belle/Belle Reprise (Beauty and The Beast live action, 2017)
– Slow Show by The National
– About Today by The National
– Me Vs Maradona Vs Elvis by Brand New
– Epilogue (Les Miserables live action, 2014)
– The Music Of The Night (Phantom of the Opera)
– Defying Gravity (Wicked)
– Common People by Pulp
– Everything Now by Arcade Fire
– Blowin’ In The Wind by Bob Dylan
– Evermore (Beauty and The Beast live action, 2017)
– Christopher’s River by Biffy Clyro
– St Elmos Fire by John Parr
– Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
– The House That Heaven Built by Japandroids
You MUST CHOOSE ONE BOOK and ONE SONG from your playlist/album that you get to keep when the Desert police come along.
DESERTJET WE’RE GONNA HAVE TO HAVE WORDS. I want a refund, and compensation, and I want you to return all of my things, and I want to go home. This isn’t fun anymore.
If I do what you say, will you let me leave? Because if so, FINE.
I choose I Shall Wear Midnight and Epilogue (Les Miserables).
In addition to this book, you will be given the entire works of Shakespeare and the Bible (totally not stealing from Desert Island Discs, no sir).
Great. I’ll probably need something to use as loo paper/fire starters. (No offence Shakespeare, but you’re definitely more fun to watch than to read, and as for The Bible – well, it may as well make itself useful physically, as it’s certainly not wanted in any other aspect of my strictly and unbudgingly atheist life).
Thank you so much Sarah, for agreeing to be castaway! I hope you are safely back on land now.
p.s. remember it’s not too late to join in! Leave me a comment, or send me a message, or tweet me and I will happily email you!