Hello! Welcome back to #DesertIslandBooks!
Today the inhabitant of our island is one of my favourite authors. She is probably one of the people I know who could get off this island alive! She would survive! I can guarantee it! Today’s post comes courtesy of the gorgeous Abi Elphinstone!
If you don’t know Abi, then why don’t you?! Her books are incredible! She’s a brilliant human and now she’s a mother! I can’t wait to meet Baby Elph! Check out her books below!
Anyway… the rules
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
- The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- Mill on the Floss by George Elliot
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Snack: White chocolate chip cookies (with squidgy centres).
Tea/coffee: Am I allowed unlimited banana milkshakes instead?! I’ve never tried tea or coffee – I used to hate the smell of both as a child and somehow never got round to trying them as an adult.
(Of course you can Abi!)
Music: I’d take the following playlist:
- Flying by James Newton Howard (from the most recent Peter Pan movie)
- Aslan’s Theme by Geoffrey Burgon (from the BBC Narnia series)
- Septimus by Ilan Eskkeri (from the movie Stardust)
- Waves by Ludovico Einaudi
- I’ve Come Home (from the movie Spirit)
- Spark Inside Us (from movie The Princess and the Goblin)
- Storybook Love by Mark Knopfler (from the movie The Princess Bride)
- Reckoning Song by Wankelmut
- Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
When the police arrive
Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
Aslan’s Theme by Geoffrey Burgon (from the BBC Narnia series)
Thank you so much Abi for agreeing to be castaway! Come back on Thursday to see who is flown away to the island!
Abi Elphinstone grew up in Scotland where she spent most of her childhood building dens, hiding in tree houses and running wild across highland glens. After being coaxed out of her tree house, she studied English at Bristol University and then worked as a teacher. She is the author of THE DREAMSNATCHER, THE SHADOW KEEPER and THE NIGHT SPINNER. When she’s not writing, Abi volunteers for Beanstalk charity, speaks in schools and travels the world looking for her next story.