It’s that time of week again!
TIME TO FLY SOMEONE TO MY DESERT ISLAND AND MAKE THEM MAKE TOUGH CHOICES.
Today’s victim is my lovely friend Lucinda (@lktomlinson on twitter, go follow her, she’s awesome!)
1. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Literally one of my favourite and most read books, I couldn’t be without Artemis and Holly (and everyone else).
2. Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
*heavy sarcasm warning* Oh what a shock, the bookworm loves this series, what are the chances? Who would have guessed? Anyway, Prisoner of Azkaban is the best Harry Potter book, come to the island and fight me if you think I’m wrong.
3. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
A fairly recent love, but a love I can tell is strong and enduring, I love my space family.
4. Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch
Modern London Supernatural Crime Solving! Sometimes I think this book was literally written for me.
5. The Fireman by Joe Hill
Not exactly beach reading, but it’s a chunky and intense book and Joe Hill’s best (so far).
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I want to yell about the hilarity and accuracy of Fangirl at all times, I neeeed this book with me.
Me to myself: No, you can’t have this many songs by The Killers on this playlist.
Turns out it’s my playlist and I do what I want. So, in no particular order:
1. Read My Mind- The Killers
2. Bling (Confession of a King)- The Killers
3. Mr Brightside- The Killers
4. Sam’s Town- The Killers
5. Star Girl- McFly
6. Girl Almighty- One Direction
7. Ever Since New York- Harry Styles
8. Air Hostess- Busted
9. Salute- Little Mix
10. Sugar, We’re Goin Down- Fall Out Boy
11. I Write Sins Not Tragedies- Panic! At The Disco
12. Who Run the World- Beyoncé
13. I’ll Make A Man Out Of You- Disney Mulan Soundtrack
14. Zero To Hero- Disney Hercules Soundtrack
15. Non-Stop- Hamilton Broadway Soundtrack
I was going to give explanations for each of these too, but some of them defy explanation.
(Some absolute BANGERS on this list. I think I would happily listen to this playlist! SOme questionable choices too though…)
Bad news, the Desert Police raided me! It’s okay though, I managed to hide Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Read My Mind. Phew!
Thank you so much Lucinda for agreeing to make the tough choices! It was a blast!
p.s. remember it’s not too late to be involved! Let me know if you’d like to be involved!