So… it’s back to school day today! I thought I would keep the cheer up by sharing the amazing books that I read over the Summer holidays! I got to read some absolute corkers – both YA and MG books!
- One of Us Is Lying – I absolutely loved this! It was fast paced and brilliant. It kept me on my toes the ENTIRE time.
- The Invasion – hotly anticipated sequel to The Call. I absolutely loved it.
- Wonder Woman – I haven’t read anything by Leigh Bardugo but I really want to now! I really loved this!
- The Eyes of the Dragon – I never expected I would so highly recommend a Stephen King book but I absolutely LOVED this one.
Highlights: (I would like to state that I loved EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE)
- The Creakers – I was lucky enough to get a proof and it’s just brilliant. I can’t wait for everyone else to read this! Especially if you loved The Christmasaurus.
- Letters from the Lighthouse – absolutely gorgeous and absolutely perfect KS2 book. I really loved the story and the female characters!
- The Last Wild – this made me cry SO HARD on the train someone asked me if I was OK, ha. But seriously brilliant.
- A Place Called Perfect – I can NOT stop banging on about how brilliant this book is. It is creepy and weird and JUST AMAZING. Go read it.
I am IMPRESSED. I didn’t think I had read 16 books! This recap doesn’t even include all of the picture books I read either! How exciting! So there were many books read over the summer, JUST AS IT SHOULD BE!
What did you read over the summer?
Did you have a favourite read?
Do you have a book you always fall back on in summer?
Let me know in the comments or tweet me! I would love to see your summer reads!