Good morning everyone!
It’s time for another tag. I really like doing tags – they’re just a bit of bookish fun and normally I get quite good responses from them!
Today, I’m taking on the Dragon Mountain blog tag which my lovely friend S came up with (he’s Charlotte Somewhere’s son if you weren’t sure!). He’s a great kid and I love chatting with him about books! They came up with this tag and I figured since Dragon Legend was out now, I’d take on the tag! (You can check out the original post on Charlotte’s blog here)
1. Dragon Mountain features some special Dragons. What is your favourite fictional creature and why?
I think dragons are definitely up there for me. Or maybe just anything magical. The dragons in Louie Stowell’s The Monster in the Lake series seem great – I’d love to just go and sit and read to a dragon (in reality, I wouldn’t because I’d be terrified haha).
2. In Dragon Mountain the characters go into the Dragon Realm through a cave. Can you tell me about another book where the characters enter into another world and how they get there?
Oh gosh, so so many. Do I sound like a Louie Stowell fan girl if I mention Otherland? The new book by Louie features children going to Otherland, a place where there’s magic and mischief galore. I properly adored it. When this book comes out, I think a lot of people will race through it!
3. Each of the Dragons in the book has their own special hoard of treasures. What would you have in your hoard?
Probably stationery and books. Those are the only things I really collect haha. I have a proper stationery hoard and my book collection is GIGANTIC. I don’t even want to think about how many books I own! But y’know better to be spending my money on books than undesirable things, ay?!
4. Each of the characters forms a special bond with one of the Dragons. Can you tell me about a book that has a strong friendship in it?
The first thing that popped into my head was Sara Barnard‘s name. She writes friendships so bloody well and I just can’t wait to see what she comes up with next. Start from the beginning with Beautiful Broken Things and make your way through the rest of her back catalogue!
5. The characters gain special powers from the pearls that they collect. What power would you choose to have and why?
Instant transportation/teleportation. I’d love to be able to think of a place to visit and just INSTANTLY be there!
6. The children and the dragons have to work together to defeat the Noxious. Can you tell me another book where the characters have to defeat something bad?
Pretty much every book ever, ha. However, of the books I’ve read recently, you can’t get much worse than a rogue magician who wants all of the power for himself, now can you? Vulture by Bex Hogan… man, that book!
7. Dragon Mountain has a shocking cliff-hanger ending. What other book shocked you right at the end?
LOL. I bloody love (and hate) a book with a cliffhanger ending. The first book (which will come as no surprise to anyone) that shook me to the core at the end was Hold Back the Tide by Melinda Salisbury. That ending BROKE ME into hundreds of tiny pieces and I’m still not sure I’m put back together again!
That was loads of fun! I’d love to know your answers and I’m sure if anyone would like to take on the Dragon Mountain tag, S would LOVE it!