Someone recently asked me if I did anything but read and run… and the short answer is YES, but they’re a massive part of my life ha! Obviously, reading has been a massive part of my life for much longer than running, but it’s just the thing I tweet about the most often. I’m not sure anyone will even care about this post, so if you don’t, thanks for stopping by, but I figured I’d answer that person’s question and show you a little bit more of my tastes!
I’ll be honest, teaching takes up a LOT OF TIME. It takes up a lot of brain space ESPECIALLY during the week. I LOVE my job and I wouldn’t change it for the world. But it does take up a lot of head space.
So what else DO I like to do – outside of spending time with friends and family? How do I unwind when I’m at home? What have I been filling my time with during quarantine that ISN’T reading, running and tweeting (ha)? (Not a lot if I’m honest… I am quite a boring human, sorry to disappoint!)
I think we ALL watch a load of stuff on different streaming services. Now, I can’t lie and say that I watch a WIDE range of things cause I don’t! I’m the kind of person who watches the same things over and over again… but I still get joy from those things, so that’s what matters! I’m not a big film watcher, but I love a series. What do I watch and rewatch? What have I watched and loved? What have I started watching recently?
- Drag Race (all and any version) – I have STRONG feelings about Drag Race, let’s talk.
- The Hills
- The Making of Frozen docuseries on Disney+
- The Good Place (a new recent fave)
My fave Disney films that I watch over and over?
- Beauty and the Beast (either version, I love them both a lot)
- Princess and the Frog
There’s a load of things I need to get to watching on Disney+, Netflix and Amazon (first on my list is Coco for sure!)
I have a few different Youtube channels that I watch quite often. Mostly, I watch creators that make me laugh. If I’m not watching these, I’m probably just watching music videos ha! If you’re looking for recommendations for new Youtube channels to watch and trust my opinions (ha), you might like to know that my favourite Youtubers are:
- SimplyNailogical/SimplyPodlogical – Canadian Youtuber Cristine (owner of nail polish company Holo Taco) does nail art (or doesn’t do nail art ha) and videos with her boyfriend BEYN. Their videos are hilarious and I always look forward to Simply Saturdays (when she posts a new video) and Taco Tuesdays (when they post a new podcast… I always watch the video podcast!) Plus, they have 2 cute cats.
- George Lester – George is a UKYA author and he posts all kinds of wonderful videos. I always love getting a little alert that George has posted a video… and the longer the better. His book Boy Queen brought me a lot of joy, so any content I get about the book is joyous. Gotta support the UKYA authors! His face is so cute (plus, if you subscribe to him you’ll make him smile and his smile is lush) and his videos are sure to make you smile! You’ll get writing vlogs, drag fun and bookish love from him.
- Try Guys – yes, those guys of Buzzfeed fame are still producing videos on their very own channel. They’ve been producing some brilliant content over quarantine and their videos are just as funny as ever. We all have a favourite Try Guy, don’t lie. (I’m a massive BecKeith fan though… their videos are my favourites)
- Miranda Sings – I don’t know HOW I got into Miranda Sings videos, but her videos make me laugh a LOT. I rewatch her videos the most often I’d say (along with SimplyNailogical) and I still laugh! Her videos with Joey Graceffa are brilliant.
- Colleen Ballinger/Colleen vlogs – yes, the creator of Miranda Sings. I am subscribed to both of her channels. She’s been daily vlogging since March (I think) and they’re always lovely. Her son is adorable and her videos just put a smile on my face!
- Rachel Ballinger – she’s Colleen’s sister and she does very funny videos. Most of her videos are her trying a variety of things and reviewing them. Never in my life did I imagine that I would watch videos like this, but I love Rachel’s videos. Plus, she’s got 2 gorgeous doggos.
- Terrell Grice – I ADORE Terrell’s Song Association series. He gets different artists to come in, gives them a word and they have to sing a song with that word in 10 seconds. He has a WICKED sense of humour and his videos always proper crack me up.
- Safiya Nygaard – another Buzzfeed alumni who I moved over to when she left. She posts videos of her generally mixing a load of stuff together and seeing what happens, or trying to make things. I think I have a crush on her tbh haha.
I could probably keep going, but I’ll stop there for now!
I’d love to know if you guys watch any Youtubers and who they are! Recommend me some TV shows to watch too because well… I watch the same things over and over and sometimes your girl needs something new to watch!
Thank you for getting this far if you did! If there’s anything else you’d like to know about me leave it in the comments and I’ll get back to you! If you thought this was boring, that’s cool haha!
Speak to you all soon,