Morning bookish folk!
How are we all today? Welcome to a new month in the world of #SixforSunday. This month we are taking on Bookish Wishes and we are starting this week with:
Books I want to be written
I mean, besides ALL OF THE BOOKS EVER, here are my choices for today’s prompt:
1. More Melinda Salisbury – SHOCK AND SURPRISE. I KNOW. Guys we all knew this was going to be on my list. I stand by my ‘more Twylla/more Sorrow’ life choice, but also just more Mel would be great cheers.
2. More Sara Barnard – hot off the heels of her YA Book Prize win (yay), there’s loads of people now picking up Sara’s books… I’ve read them all and I need more. Sara knows how to BREAK MY SOUL and still be one of the best people around. So more of that please.
3. More books like Floored – I BLOODY LOVED FLOORED and I loved the concept. A bunch of different authors coming together to write one story from multiple perspectives? YES THANKS. If we could have another one of those sometime that would be wonderful.
4. More MG books with LGBT rep – I read a book recently, a 9-12, that had some amazing LGBTQ+ rep and I WAS THERE FOR IT. I need more of this.
5. More books that are going to break my heart – if you’ve ever read CG Drews books (A Thousand Perfect Notes in particular) you’ll know how HEARTBREAKING it is. I know this sounds like a bizarre request, but my god, I am ALL ABOUT a book that will make me weep. (Cait if you read this… I think you’re great and I need more books please!)
6. More body positive books – having read Jemima Small Versus The Universe (Tamsin Winter) and No Big Deal (Bethany Rutter), I need more books that are body positive. It’s so refreshing to read books where you have fat characters and them actually achieve something… and them not be the brunt of all of the jokes.
So yes. I WANT ALL OF THE BOOKS THANKS.
Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk about all of the books I want. Remember to share yours using the hashtag #SixforSunday! I can’t wait to see what you all want in life!
See you next week!
23 thoughts on “S4S – Books I Want To Be Written”
Yes thanks. I require all of these books.
YES!! To these and Especially LBTQIA rep in MG
I think this is also needed LBTQIA with positive parenting- we want young children to see that it’s completely normal* that HAPPY families come in all sorts of styles including M/M and F/F.
* i dislike the word normal as what does that even mean but my brain isn’t working for a better expression right now (too warm!!)
Yes – more books like Floored would be amazing!
Also I finally picked up Beautiful Broken Things this week, only a little way in so far but loving my first Sara experience!
Okay, except for the broken little things author, whom I know from the cover of the book😅, I didn’t have the slightest idea of what you were talking about. Google helped!
And now I have new books to think about. Thanks 🐨
Great to read someone so different (yet the same 📖)
This was the toughest prompt yet! I completely agree with all those you have written. I would especially love more books that feature various bodies and disabilities, but without that being the main focus. Why can’t we have books where the hero/heroine has an adventure regardless of being in a wheelchair, using insulin, etc, etc?
Yes to all of these but especially for more books by Sara Barnard!