Tis I, your friend, #SixforSunday, again! Welcome back to my home. Here we start a new month and a new theme for #SixforSunday in March. In March, we are celebrating the things we love most about the bookish things in our lives. March’s theme is titled “An ode to…” so this is a brilliant time to celebrate everything you love about your fave author/illustrator/bookish couples/genre and debut authors/novels. I am very excited for this month, because I am ALL FOR having a good shout about things I love most.
Today’s #SixforSunday prompt is:
An ode to… my favourite author
I love MANY authors. Like, this post could have been dedicated to many many humans that I love most. In fact, I could do a MONTH of this post (that wouldn’t be very interesting for you lot to read…) and still not have dedicated my life to enough authors.
However, being very on brand… I am dedicating my ode to Queen Mel. (I KNOW RIGHT SHOCKER!!)
To Mel, thank you for:
- Being brilliant and badass (you never fail to just be BRILLIANT)
- Writing incredible females (Sorrow is just wonderful and I am ever so thankful for you bringing Twylla into my life… we all know how much I love Twylla)
- Bringin Luvian Fen into existence (if you’ve read Song of Sorrow, you’ll know why I needed to make this a thing. I love Luvian Fen so so so so much)
- Being HILARIOUS (if you’re not following Mel on twitter, then you most definitely should be…)
- Always having an ear for me (whether it’s to let me livetweet you as I read your books, to offer me a shoulder to cry on, or a place to rant…)
- Showing me I’m brilliant (thank you for the times you’ve done this, particularly when you told me to embrace my crown)
I have WAY MORE THAN 6 things to write in my ode… but there’s 6 of the most important ones! I could keep going and turn this into a letter… but I decided to keep it short and sweet.
Share your ode on your blog and share the author love – use the hashtag #SixforSunday, cause I want authors to know how much we love them!
See you next week for An ode to… my favourite illustrator! I can’t wait to see what people’s choices are!