Morning ThursTAg pals!
How are you all today? Are you coping? Are you thriving? (I’m not ha!)
It is I, your ThursTAG friend again. I am back with more tag fun today. Today we’re doing the This or That Book Tag. I don’t remember whose blog I saw this on, but thank you to Ayunda for creating this tag! (I won’t be tagging 10 bloggers, but if you want to have a go, please do!)
- Mention the creator of the tag (Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks).
- Thank the blogger who tagged you!
- Choose one of the options, you don’t have to tell the reasons why you chose that but you can also do them if you want to.
- Tag 10 other people to do this tag to spread the love!
1. Reading on the couch or in the bed?
Probably bed. At home, it is very rare that I spend any time in the sitting room. I’m usually found in my bedroom, the spare room or in the dining room. However, I do love a good YALC house reading session chilling in the living room with my gals.
2. Male main character or female main character?
Female. Girls are badass.
3. Sweet snacks or salty snacks?
I don’t tend to read and snack (I know, shocking right?!). However, I’d probably choose salty. (Also an addendum: I’d always choose jellies and sweets over chocolate!)
4. Trilogies or quartets?
I believe the only quartet I’ve read is Who Let The Gods Out by Maz Evans. I’ve started another one, but I’d always choose trilogies. I dunno, there’s a certain flow to them that I appreciate.
5. First person POV or third person POV?
I don’t know actually. Probably third if I had to punt for one.
6. Reading at night or in the morning?
Literally any time, but night time. Not like JUST BEFORE BED – that is not optimal reading time – but like an hour or so before bed. Get a good chunk of reading in before you fall asleep.
7. Libraries or bookstores?
Bookshops. I love a library, but there’s nothing quite as magical as OWNING a book.
8. Books that make you laugh or books that make you cry?
Lol. I mean what’s your question here?
Which do I read more of? Cry.
Which do I prefer? Laugh (but man, there’s nothing quite as cathartic as a book that makes you cry and I cry at PRETTY MUCH EVERY book)
Which do I tend to remember better? Cry.
9. Black book covers or white book covers?
Oh. Erm. Black. I don’t know why. (White ones get dirty faster?)
10. Character driven or plot driven stories?
OH NOW THIS IS A HARD ONE. (Those of you who know me really well will know what my answer is deep down though).
You need both in my opinion, HOWEVER I could read a book with brilliant characters and a poor plot, but I couldn’t read a book with shitty characters and a great plot, so on that logic, characters are the winners.
And that’s it!
If you wanna have a go at this, please feel free! If you’ve got a tag you think I’d enjoy doing, again please tag me in it/send me the link cause I LOVE A TAG.
Have a happy Thursday!