Good morning fans of ThursTAG!
Today, I’m going to be sharing with you my answers to the Epic Reads Book Tag! I don’t watch a look of booktube (except I am a massive George Lester fan and I need you all to go over and subscribe to him because he’s amazing AND his book is coming out this year) so when I came across this randomly, I was DELIGHTED. I found it on the Epic Reads YouTube Channel and was intrigued by the questions!! It’s from 2015, so I’m sure everyone else in the world has done this!
1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who you invite and what you would you serve them?
HAHA. I don’t wanna be predictable but my GOD. It would be Melinda Salisbury and Twylla (The Sin Eater’s Daughter trilogy). I have such a wonderful love for Twylla and we ALL know I love Mel.
Other pairs I’d love to have tea with:
- Laura Steven and Caro (Love Hypothesis)
- Sara Barnard and Steffi (A Quiet Kind of Thunder)
- Maz Evans and Elliot (Who Let The Gods Out series)
- Matt Haig and Tom (How To Stop Time)
- David Levithan and X (Another Day/One Day)
- Bridgid Kemmerer and Grey (A Heart So Fierce and Broken series)
- Charlie N Holmberg and Emery (The Paper Magician series)
Man, I literally could keep going!
2. What book do you wish the author would write a prequel for?
There’s LOADS of books I’d love more from, but mostly its because I want more from the authors ha:
- I want more Luvian Fen (State of Sorrow duology by Queen Mel)
- I want Scythe Faraday‘s story (Scythe series by Neal Schusterman)
- I need to know more about Rodolfo (The Mask of Aribella by Anna Hoghton)
- I’d love to know more about Coach‘s life story (Run series by Jason Reynolds)
- I wanna know about Jonathon‘s family and growing up (The Strangeworlds Travel Agency by L.D.Lapinski)
3. Name two characters (NOT from the same book) you think would make a good couple.
Omg. This has totally just come to my mind… Emily from No Big Deal and Caro from The Love Hypothesis. I would SHIP THAT. I think it would be a wonderful and interesting partnership!
(I find questions like this HARD because one a pair is shipped in my head, that’s it. That’s the person they’re with! If you haven’t read these books yet, please get on with it… although Love Hypothesis isn’t out yet!)
4. If you ran into your favourite author on the subway and could say only one sentence to them who is it and what would it be?
LOL. God, here we go again BEING PREDICTABLE. Lets go a YA author and an MG author! Maybe not all time favourites, but in my top 5 faves!
YA: Melinda Salisbury (don’t pretend you’re shocked). I’d probably say OH MY GOD HI MEL. (cause I am so cool)
MG: Abi Elphinstone. I’d probably say OH MY GOD HI ABI. (cause I am so cool)
5. What book made you a reader and why?
I have an awful lot of things to thank this book for. I have such an emotional attachment to this book. It made me a reader. It made me a teacher. It taught me that books are important. It taught me that there’s power inside all of us. It taught me about kindness. It showed me that people can do anything they put their mind to. (I could keep going, but I won’t).
6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught on fire. What one you book would you save?
NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. MY GOD. I CAN’T DO THAT. *weeps*
This! My proof of Sin Eater’s Daughter.
7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in if you had to choose one? Why?
I’d love to live in the S.M.Wilson world of The Extinction Trials. Not because I would survive, but because I definitely would love to meet a dinosaur. I would survive in NONE of the dystopian worlds to be honest… what can I say? I am not the one you want to have to go to fight for you ha!
8. What is your most epic read of all time?
THIS IS SUCH A FAKE NEWS QUESTION. I refuse to choose just one.
And there you go! My answers to the Epic Reads book tag. I totally didn’t bend ANY of the rules. NOT ME. NO SIREE.