Nope! I’m blessed in that sense. I can read on most forms of transport! Train and bus reading are my faves though. There’s no better way to pass time on a train than reading a book.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Hmmm… Laura Steven. It’s just so god damn funny. And I don’t think Laura even realises that she’s HILARIOUS.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give three points to defend your answers.
I’ve only read Harry Potter, so by default that. I’ll go with magic, excellent friends and introducing me to my true identity as a Hufflepuff as my defence.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books…)?
I DO. I carry the book I’m read in a Fairyloot bag. It lives by itself in that bag, but it lives in my handbag with the rest of my life haha.
5. Do you smell your books?
No? Should I be?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I do appreciate a little illustration, but only if they add to the book. I don’t enjoy them when they’re gratuitous!
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I have no idea. I’m all about “if I enjoyed it when I was reading, then why should I really care about the quality of the writing?” especially when I’ve finished it. I don’t tend to reread, so that’s that.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
No? I don’t think so anyway.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Maybe The Heart Collector by Melinda Salisbury.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Priory of the Orange Tree. 100%
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I enjoy writing stuff for school – like writing models of stories for the kids – but I have no current aspirations of being an author. Teaching is tiring and wonderful enough as it is.
12. When did you get into reading?
As far back as I can remember, I’ve been a reader. I don’t remember having a “moment”.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Nineteen Eighty Four. Is that a classic? I haven’t read many books which would be classed as “classics” to be honest.
14. In school, what was your best subject?
Languages: English, French, German.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I’d gratefully accept it and then unhaul it the next time I was unhauling.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
Erm, not similar at all, but because of the MAJIK: The Paper Magician trilogy. So many people sleep on this series and I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
LOL. Imagine me vlogging man. However, I think “brilliant” is one of the words I use most when I’m writing reveiws.
18. What is your favourite word?
My all time favourite word is a swear word, so I shouldn’t repeat it here.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Can someone please tell me what the difference between all of these are? I’m a reader, a teacher, a blogger, a sister, a friend, a daughter, a godmother, a crier, a romantic and so much more than one of those words… but if someone tells me what they mean, I’ll categorise myself!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Neither? If I had to choose, fairies I think. They tend to be “good guys”.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I’d LOVE to be able to shift my form and become something else every now and again.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Golly. Spirits are a bit more “out there” so them.
23. Zombies or vampires? Why?
LOL. Never a zombie. I do not wish to be a zombie. I choose vampire.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
GAH. Two of my least favourite tropes (I think), but I choose forbidden love. Love triangles bother me.
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed with love scenes in. PLEASE.
– – –
I tag ANYONE who wishes to do this. It’s always quite fun to find out more about each other!
Speak to y’all soon!