HAPPY FRIDAY. How are we all? Have we all survived another week? What have we all been up to? Today I come to you with a tag I’ve seen floating around for a while. I don’t recall where I first saw it, but I stole the questions from my friend Aoife’s blog (check it out here)
Let’s go with the “reader problems tag”!
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I am 100% a mood reader, so I will read whatever I am in the mood to read. If I HAVE to read a book, I am so much less likely to actually enjoy reading it.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I’m a finisher. I’m stubborn. I will finish a book through thick and thin. Unless I GENUIENLY can’t wade through any more of it, I’ll stick by it.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I’ll just keep reading? If I get to my target, great. If not, no one died because I didn’t read the books I said I would… so it’s all gravy.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Lol, I’ll cope because I HAVE TO. If the publishers then release the series with matching covers, you KNOW I will be buying the matching covers. I’m all for matching.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Tbh, I’ll survive. I have a merry band of book loving friends who will listen to me. We have differences of opinions on books and that’s cool.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
Cry, lol. I always tell the story of coming back from YALC last year, when I was reading The Last Wild by Piers Torday (brilliant MG book, would recommend to all of the humans) and I was genuinely bawling. The man beside me tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was OK because I was crying so hard, ha!
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Not likely. I might reread my review or check out the synopsis on the internet. Or I’ll ask one of my friends to remind me of the plot.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I don’t generally say no? I dunno, my books are very precious to me… but I wouldn’t deny someone.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I’m not often in a slump, but if I ever am… I try and read something OUT of that type. I’ll read an MG if YA isn’t tickling my fancy, and vice versa.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
Most of them? I work hard for my money, so why shouldn’t I treat myself?
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
It all depends on WHO it is and how much time I’ve been waiting (Salisbury, Barnard, Evans… I’m looking at you!)
If you fancy taking on this tag, go for it! I’d love to hear your thoughts on my answers!