Sorry for my silence yesterday! Today I am coming to you with a tag I was tagged in more than a year ago! My gorgeous friend Kelly @ Kellys Ramblings tagged me in this tag in March last year and I never did get round to doing it – so thanks Kelly!
- Answer the questions below.
- Credit the creator The Writing Crafter
- Tag at least 5 people
- Have fun!
Let us proceed..
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
Well… I draft them in a notebook as I sit in Starbucks on a Sunday, then I come home, write them up onto my blog. The spare room is my room of choice! Those are the only 2 places you’ll find me on a Sunday. I’m really productive in Starbucks – I’m not sure why!
2. How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
Hmmm… GENERALLY about 20 minutes. I have a TERRIBLE memory though, so I need to generally refresh my brain on the books. I SHOULD make notes as I go but I’m not that great at being on top of it, ha!
3. When did you start your book blog?
I am coming up to my 2 year anniversary in a few weeks! That is madness!
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Keeping up with reviews! I read A LOT but then having the time to write up the reviews then and there isn’t always possible!
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Fellow bloggers – some of my very best friends in the world are people I’ve met through book blogging. If I wasn’t a book blogger, I would never have met them. They enrich my life so much. ALSO THOUGH… getting to shout about authors and books I love. I’m pretty good at that!
6. What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
Oooooooh… I went though a phase of loving a mood board. They’re so interesting to do!
7. What is your favourite blog post to write?
To be honest, I only write blog posts that I want to write, but I absolutely love writing my “happy posts”. The gorgeous Grace Latter introduced me to happy posts and they’re a staple in my blog now!
8. When do you typically write?
Sunday afternoons, but I will dapple during the week, when I have time!
9. Do you review EVERY book you read?
Do I write a full review of every book I read? No. Every book I read will get some kind of review though. Whether it’s a full review, or in a round up, or on Goodreads. Every books deserves a review, so I try and achieve this somehow. I try really hard to review on Amazon too – I know this makes a massive difference to authors and a book’s visibility.
10. How do you write your reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
My rough version is in Starbucks with a cup of coffee, and if I’m feeling the need a sweet treat. When I type it up onto my blog, it’s with a cup of tea and whatever Youtube song is playing at the time!
11. When do you write your reviews? Right after finishing the book? Or two weeks after finishing the book?
HAHAHA. I wish I was organised enough to write it RIGHT AFTER FINISHING a book, I’d love to speak to people who do that. What witchcraft is that? I’m more of a “let the book stew in my brain for a week and then I’ll write it!” kind of girl.
12. How often do you post?
Currently, it’s 5/6 times a week. I like how active I am and how much I post. Blogging is my little bit of my creativity coming out!
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask! I love answering a question!