It’s that time again, April has come and gone! This year is flying by! We’re in the final term… (as a teacher, I count my life in terms ha! This means I have only 1 term until I start training… this makes me wanna vomit. We will get to that in a future blog post!) We have another round up and an update on my 2017 challenge!
April was a BUSY book month!
This was part of my TBR:
- Reasons to Stay Alive – Matt Haig (BOOKBLOG: Matt Haig)
- Orangeboy – Patrice Lawrence (BOOKBLOG: Patrice Lawrence)
- The Names They Gave Us – Emery Lord
- Becoming Betty – Eleanor Wood
- Winterkill – Kate A Boorman (BOOKBLOG: KATE A BOORMAN)
- There May Be A Castle – Piers Torday (BOOKBLOG: Piers Torday)
- Unconventional – Maggie Harcourt (BOOKBLOG: Maggie Harcourt)
Also added to this list:
- State of Grace – Rachael Lucas (BOOKBLOG: Rachael Lucas
- The Island at the End of Everything – Kiran Milwood Hargrave (BOOKBLOG: Kiran Milwood Hargrave)
There was a wonderful mix of some MG books and a lot of YA books and some non-fiction in there too! If there isn’t a review currently up for the book there will be one coming up in the coming weeks! I also read some picture books this week, but I (controversially) don’t count them towards my book count of the year! This stack ended up lookin so healthy because of SundayYAthon @ Easter which I managed to devour about 5 books, alongside 2 train journeys to London to meet my lovely friend Kelly! Find out about my SundayYAthon reads here: SundayYAthon at Easter!
Shout out to Grandad’s Secret Giant by David Litchfield though… incredible picture book! (BOOKBLOG: David Litchfield)
This year I pledged to read 52 books. I committed myself to that on Goodreads and so I have to do it. I refuse to fail now! That’s 4 a month, that’s good going! So far I have read:
Apparently, that’s 9 ahead of schedule! I started Countless this morning and I’d like to get that finished today, which would mean I’m HALF WAY through my challenge and it’s only been 4 months. That would be something else!
What did I buy/acquire?
- Mad Girl – Bryony Gordon
- The Stars at Oktober Bend – Glenda Millard
- Chasing the Stars – Malorie Blackman
- Anna and the Swallow Man – Gavriel Savit
- Radio Silence – Alice Oseman (my gorgeous Rachel sent me this!)
- Super Awkward – Beth Garrod
- Wintersong – S. Jae Jones (my lovely friend Kelly sent me this!)
- The Fallen Children – David Owen
- I Have No Secrets – Penny Joelson
- Doing It – Hannah Witton
- The Cows – Dawn O’Porter
- Happy Mum, Happy Baby – Giovanna Fletcher (my lush cousin Kate sent this to me to borrow. I’m not a mam but I love Gi and Tom)
- The Adventures of Owl and the Pussycat (keep your eyes peeled this coming Sunday! I’m involved in the blog tour for this!)
- Grandad’s Secret Giant – David Litchfield (I have read this, so it should be in my other pile but I did acquire it this month, the lovely publishers sent me a copy and I am so gratefuk… see my review here: BOOKBLOG: David Litchfield)
- The Covers of this Book are Too Far Apart – Vivian French and Nigel Baines.
- Beards from Outer Space – Gareth P Jones (the amazing publishers sent me this this month too! It’s currently in school!)
- Alex Sparrow and the Really Big Stink – Jennifer Killick (I am very lucky that the author sent me this! Taking it into school telling the kids it came from the author made it so special!)
Wow. I acquired a lot of books this month. Sorry bank balance.
So that’s it for April. It’s been a joy reading this month. I read some absolutely incredible books and I am looking forward to seeing what May has in store for me! More tears, laughter and incredible books I am sure of it!
What did you read in April?
Have you read any of the books on my list?
What was your favourite book of the month?
How are you doing with your challenge?
I’d love to hear from you all! Leave me a comment or speak to me on twitter (@eenalol) I’m always open to talk!