A while back I got a lovely tweet to say that my lovely friend Jess had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! What? Little old me and my little old blog? I was very happy and it was so lovely of her! So thank you SO MUCH Jess. (If you want to check Jess’ blog out… you’ll find her here: Bookends And Endings)
So, to start with, here are the rules.
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person that has nominated you
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate a few blogs
- Link your nominees
So, 7 facts about me? Well…
- I’ve never broken a bone. (I say that, touching wood). I have a very slight dint in my forehead from when I was a kid. I was rollerskating down the middle of the road and a car was coming so I veered in to the kerb, got a rock caught in my skate and knocked my head off the corner of the kerb… I was fine though.
- I’m a little bit superstitious – I’ll salute one magpie if he’s alone, I don’t walk under ladders, I don’t like walking under signs/scaffolding. Not massively so… just the magpie thing mainly. And there’s always loads of magpies around where I live. I’m sure they’re sent to taunt me!
- I love taking journeys by train. I think they’re the most relaxing. There’s something very calming about trains. If I’m at a table, then even better. If it’s a table that no one else is occupying then winner!
- I’m not a big fan of London. It scares me. It’s so big and so busy. Once I’ve been tehre for a few days I have to get home. Back to lovely Newcastle. My absolutely wonderful home. I love coming home.
- The seaside is my happy place. Now granted I haven’t been that many times in the past few years (for well, emotional reasons) but the seaside always seems to calm me down and it just helps me right all the wrongs in my world and I come back to the city and I feel better and ready to take on the world again.
- I am TERRIFIED of failure. Yep. That’s me. Hello. So much so that sometimes I won’t try something because I’m scared I’ll fail… probably why I’m writing this instead of writing my dissertation… SHHH.
- Matilda will forever be my fail safe book.
So there you have it. 7 facts, some little known, some well known about me!
- Kelly from Kelly’s Rambles
- Kelly from This Northern Gal
- Aoife from Pretty Purple Dots
- Cora from Tea Party Princess