Today, I come at you with a little question tag! I don’t remember where I saw this first, so if it’s from you then please me know so I can thank you!
If you want to take part, please do! I love a good question and answer type tag!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Not really! I don’t remember the last time I was in a car for long enough to read though! I do read on the bus quite often though, so I wouldn’t imagine I’d get car sick. Anyone wanna go on a road trip to test this out?!
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Hmmm… I always know when I’m reading a Mel or a Sara book. It has nothing to do with the fact I’m a massive fan of both ha!
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give three points to defend your answers.
I haven’t read Twilight, so this is not a debate I can engage in.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books…)?
I DO INDEED. My lovely friend Kelly fave me one of her Fairy Loot bags last year and ever since my books have inhabited said book bag.
5. Do you smell your books?
Erm… not intentionally?!
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I love an illustration… PARTICULARLY if it’s on a chapter page. Those make my heart leap with joy. If you haven’t seen the inside of Running on the Roof of the World by Jess Butterworth, then PLEASE go and check it out. It is EVERYTHING that is good about chapter pages!
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I’m not sure I understand the question haha! Who am I to judge the quality of writing? If I’m enjoying it, I read it!
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really funny. But I knew I wanted to be a teacher from when I was about 7 because of Matilda. I was reading this book about an incredibly kind and compassionate teacher and thought ‘I wanna be that person, she’s amazing’
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Possibly The Heart Collector by Melinda Salisbury – a collection of short stories that I’ve definitely read at least 69568 times.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
O LORD. Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write, and I love creative writing. But not on a ‘I want to write a book’ level.
12. When did you get into reading?
As soon as I could read? I’ve always been a reader. My mam has always been a voracious reader, so being surrounded by books and reading since I was a child had a massively positive impact on me!
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Hmmm… The Secret Garden or Charlotte’s Web – are they classics?!
14. In school, what was your best subject?
Languages – I did French and German at GCSE. Although I really enjoyed RE at A Level.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
Totally depends who gave it to me!
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
The Paper Magician trilogy by Charlie N Holmberg is a completely incredibly YA fantasy series that so many people sleep on.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Lol, me, booktube? No one needs that.
18. What is your favourite word?
Favourite word changes quite often. I love new words. Please send me your favourite words.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Lol a dweeb to a Geordie is an affectionate way of calling someone an idiot. But then I don’t know the difference between a dork and a nerd… so who knows!!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Urgh. Fairies if I really had to.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters – IMAGINE BEING ABLE TO TURN INTO ANYTHING YOU WANTED! How cool.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits – who knows what’s going to happen with them around. Could be good, could be terrible.
23. Zombies or vampires? Why?
URGH – if I had to? Vampires.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Oh lord, these are two of my LEAST favourite tropes. I’m gonna have to go forbidden love though. Love triangles are too much dramz.
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed with love scenes in – then I get the best of both worlds – winner!
That was fun! I’m sure those answers were mean to be quick fire… but I did not manage to be quick fire haha!